Infolink ADs

Saturday, October 2, 2010

5 Rupee Coin 1989


The first five rupee coin was first minted in Independent India in 1985 it was not a circulation coin it was a commemorative coin issued  on the death of Indira Gandhi.It was a copper-nickel coin  the size of the coin was very big ,the diameter of the coin was 30mm.The normal coins in circulation were 22-25 mm.The coin made of the same metal was issued in 1989 to commemorate the Centennial of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's birth.The size was also similar to the 1985 coin .The normal 5 rupee coin for circulation was first minted in 1992 having a smaller size.

Jawaharlal Nehru was born on 14th November ,1889 and the year marked the 1st Centennial of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru , a set of three coins of 100, 5 and 1 rupee were issued with his portrait in 1989. .The government issued this coin as a respect to the first prime minister of India who was also the father of Smt Indira Gandhi on whose death  a similar 5 rupee coin was issued .The same coin was issued on the death of Indira Gandhi and the Centennial of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's birth.
The coin is a large coin showing one side of  Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's face the portrait  is of right side of the face similar to that of the coin of Indira Gandhi potrayed on the right side unlike the Queen Victoria in the British India coins where she is portrayed on the left side .The image of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is shown wearing a  Gandhi Topi(cap) and is shown wearing a Indian kurta wheras in the  1964 coin he is shown without the cap and only the face is shown

12 comments:

  1. Hello you visited my blog http://305blogger.blogspot.com/2010/06/100000-argentina1979-830.html#comments just stopped by to let you know to visit often I have close to 400 notes it will take me a while to upload them all & place the correct info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have 5 rupee jawaharlal nehru coin with cap 1989 and indira gandhi big size 5 rupee coin anybody want to buy please contact me at thegani4u@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have 5 rupee jawaharlal nehru coin with cap 1989
    and Indira gandhi big size five rupee coin anybody want to buy pls contact me at thegani4u@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have 5 rs 1989 jawaharlal nehru coin if intrested dan just mail me on bibarano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hav 1995 1 rup.. note.. 1971 to 1981 coins.. east india comapany 100 with eagle note 3 deer singed with cd desmuck.. 5 rup.. note.. side face rama coins..n mant antiq 100% original coins.. fake party dont contact ..humble request.. if our any note.. or coin.. found fake we will.. ready to pay the double amount..* n plz.. we have our some terms and counditions.. that will wee told u after coming in contact..........my another id is sharmaprashant1991@rediffmail.com.. but try to contact me on ankitinovi@ovi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I submit your post to my wordpress weblog? I'll add a back link to your forum. That’s one really nice post.

    my page ... trying to conceive tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashok - I have 5 Rs coin 1989 front face Jawaharlal Nehru. If u want this coin.. Pls mail me - ashokvijays@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. One rupee note sigh by montek aluwalia.1991

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one rs note 1993 montek Singh 9732005364

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 1 rupees note 1986 signature by S. Venkatraman. 77E-***553 and 1953 Diamond jubilee 10 rupees coins also. I want to sell it if anyone interested plz call or what'sup me 9000606050 jeet kumar

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 1 rupees note 1986 signature by S. Venkatraman. 77E-***553 and 1953 Diamond jubilee 10 rupees coins also. I want to sell it if anyone interested plz call or what'sup me 9000606050 jeet kumar

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have old five rupees coin if any buddy interested please contact my email kinkud50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete